Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve
Located only 20 kilometers away from the city of Iquitos, the Allpahuayo-Mishana national reserve is a true treasure of the Peruvian Amazon. Within Allpahuayo Mishana is preserved one of the most unique ecosystems in the world in the forest of white sand. Or embark on an expedition to discover trees 30 meters high. This protected area is considered truly unique in the world, a place where you can even watch the emblematic Iquitos Perlite (Polioptilaclementsi).
There are 498 bird species in this National Reserve and include some endemics species:
- Iquitos gnatcatcher (Polioptila clementsi) (CR)
- Allpahuayo Antbird (Percnostola arenarum)
- Mishana Tyrannulet (Zimmerius villarejoi)
- Mishana route, sail through the Nanay River that runs along the Mishana community. Duration time: 2 hours approximately.
- Route of the Irapay, Pass through a forest mainly comprised of reeds. Duration time: 3hours.
Best time for visiting is between May and October.